Skip to main content

Today's Meditation: Wrestling with Inner Darkness on Good Friday

As I sit in meditation on this solemn Good Friday, I find myself grappling with conflicting emotions. Despite the significance of this day and the symbol of redemption it represents, I cannot shake the heaviness within me. My heart, hardened by resentment and negativity, seems impervious to the message of love and sacrifice embodied by the cross.

I gaze upon the crucifix, its arms outstretched in a gesture of ultimate grace, yet my own heart remains cold and unyielding. It is a moment of paradox – the profound symbolism of forgiveness and renewal contrasted with the reality of my own inner turmoil.

In this moment of vulnerability, I acknowledge the darkness that threatens to consume me. I dare to confront it, to face the depths of my own soul with honesty and courage. Despite the despair that threatens to overwhelm me, I cling to a glimmer of hope – a prayer to the Creator who conquered fear, sin, and death itself.

As I utter my plea for deliverance, I recognize the transformative power of faith. Though my heart may be stained with sin, I dare to believe in the possibility of redemption. I surrender myself to the purpose of a higher power, trusting in His mercy and grace to guide me through the darkness.

In this sacred moment of reflection, I find solace in the knowledge that even in my brokenness, I am not alone. With each whispered prayer, I draw closer to the light that shines even in the darkest of nights. And so, I offer my Amen – a declaration of faith in the promise of resurrection and the enduring power of love.

The light shines in the darkness, 
and the darkness has not overcome it. 
John 1:5

Photo by David Iloba: https://www.pexels.com/photo/the-cathedral-16278648/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet Time with the Lord - Today's Verse

If the Lord works in our life then He gets glorified. If we work, then we take the glory and end up not giving any glory to the Lord. Toughest thing in a  person's life is to keep quiet. Sometimes we are blessed with such tranquility, when we embrace the  truth that nothing is possible by us. Our brain never gives up and seeks continuously for help from its  last left source of encouragement. Until we have good health, wealth and the whole world besides us we are actually reluctant to look at  the source, the Creator of Universe. We always have an idea or a thought triggered in our mind saying  that something or the other is really possible by us. We know too much or too little doesn't matter but  we want to speak without reasoning. World also wants to keep us busy – ‘ Business ’. While in contrary,  the Lord wants you to ‘ Rest ’. Until we don't become still and listen, nobody can make use of us, be it  either the world or the Lord.  F...

Road Life Principle – Part III

One way or the other, things get delayed in reaching us. Our complaint in life is that Nothing happens on time, especially when we are waiting for it. “Traffic Jam” is the key word. Everybody is waiting on the road, but for how long. We need to go to Home, Office, see friends, etc., we have so many other things to do. All of a sudden if my vehicle has to stop because of a traffic jam, I could not bear it. It could be an accident, somebody is trying to learn to ride a vehicle, an animal moving in the center of the road, etc. If it is my vehicle which has met the accident then the case is different. I don’t give it much of thought, but point to be understood is when we were in the accident and learning phase others too had to go through the tough time of waiting and getting delayed in their journey. If we understand that it had a valid reason for us to wait for sometime in this journey of life, things become interesting. If something is getting delayed in our life  it has got ...

Get Released and Release Others - Today's Verse

But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out. "Go, stand in the temple courts," he said, "and tell the people the full message of this new life." Act 5:19, 20 Here is an incident, where the apostles have been arrested and put to jail for spreading the good news of the Gospel. But on the same night an Angel of the Lord appeared to them and opened the doors of the jail and asked them to spread the full message of this new life. Today let us meditate on these words to know the real purpose of our living on this earth. We have also been jailed in different ways. We could have been occupied with bad thoughts, lustful desires, greed, envy, anger, jealousy, selfishness, sickness, etc. We are still crying to ourselves and trying to get out of it but with no success. Well, the good news is that Jesus could deliver you from all bondages today. No man, No person, No body, No sickness, No bondages, No thoughts, No e...